Earn your education against the backdrop of some of the most gorgeous areas of the country by joining one of the Georgia medical transcription schools. The Peach State has much to offer, especially if you are looking to begin a rewarding career in the healthcare industry. Georgia medical transcription schools have several great campuses near Atlanta, Marietta, and Savannah. There are also online education programs available if you prefer to work independently at your own pace. All of the Georgia medical transcription schools offer a great education that will aid you through your entire career. As a medical transcriptionist, you will be listening to physician voice recordings, transcribing them into written reports and carefully deciphering abbreviations and advanced medical terminology.
Enroll in online or traditional classes today after exploring our list of featured Georgia medical transcription schools.
As a Georgia medical transcriptionist, you will:
- Receive doctors’ recorded procedure notes
- Transcribe voice recordings into typed manuscripts
- Return manuscripts to the doctors for filing
- Work from home or from a medical clinic
Some career figures for medical transcription professionals in Georgia:
- Average annual salary: $34,360
- Currently employed: 1,520
- Employment outlook: 6% Growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Georgia Medical Transcription Schools Enrolling Now