Surround yourself with the Great Lakes and enroll in one of the terrific Michigan medical transcription schools. Hang out in the Motor City of Detroit, spend time in Grand Rapids, or even earn your degree online. Either way, Michigan medical transcription schools are a perfect place to get your education and start an exciting career as a medical transcriptionist. In this field of work you will be listening to physician voice recordings, transcribing them into written reports and carefully deciphering abbreviations and advanced medical terminology.
Find the right Michigan medical transcription school by exploring our list of featured online and traditional degree earning programs below!
As a Michigan medical transcriptionist, you will:
- Receive doctors’ recorded procedure notes
- Transcribe voice recordings into typed manuscripts
- Return manuscripts to the doctors for filing
- Work from home or from a medical clinic
Some career figures for medical transcription professionals in Michigan:
- Average annual salary: $33,890
- Currently employed: 2,650
- Employment outlook: 6% Growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Michigan Medical Transcription Schools Enrolling Now